Hot oil treatment is a method where a combination of two or three oils are heated to a moderate temperature and applied on the scalp and hair for complete nourishment of hair.
- Hot oil treatment is one of the most simple and effective home remedy to treat damaged dry and dull hair. It can be done once or twice a week as per your schedule. When few oils are combined, the goodness of each one of the oils is combined and gives faster effective results.
- Applying hot oil on the scalp opens up the pores on your scalp, thus enabling better absorption of the oils onto the hair.
- Hot oil treatment is known to rejuvenate and replenish the hair and scalp.
HOW TO DO HOT OIL TREATMENT?
Take any oil of your choice. I would suggest using the following combination of oils as I have personally been benefited by this treatment.
- Coconut oil: 2 Tablespoons
- Castor oil: 1Tablespoon
- Sesame oil: 1 Tablespoon
- Sesame oil: 2 Tablespoons
- Almond oil: 1 Tablespoon
- Coconut oil: 1 Tablespoon
Heat the oil in an iron vessel for duration of 1 minute. Let it come to a bearable temperature. Part your hair, and apply the oil onto your scalp and hair.
You can use your finger tips to apply, or if you want to avoid mess, you can use a cotton ball for the oil application.
Massage well till you get a feeling that the oil has seeped into your pores.
You can even use a wide toothed comb to evenly distribute the oil.
Keep it for half an hour before washing your hair with a good herbal shampoo.
Repeat twice a week.