Hey brides to be,
You are engaged! Congratulations in the first place. Now the real task begins, I would rather prefer the term headache 😛 You have a lot of wedding preparations to do. There’s a whole new world waiting for you. Beam with joy and happiness. The journey from engagement to wedding seems like totally new,thrilling at the same time nerving. Girls have been dreaming about a perfect wedding ever since they can imagine. There’s no harm in expecting perfection in once in a lifetime event. Apart from preparations like booking the venue, caterer, make-up artist. You also need to devote some time for yourself to look Fab on the D-Day.
I have been through it and I could not find one valid piece of article for guiding the brides to be. So, I wanted to help you all pretty brides out there, making the job of looking flawless on your wedding day, a piece of cake.
WHEN TO START?
3-6 Months before the wedding week.
WHERE TO START?
Starting from face, eyes, lips, nails and body. This covers the entire skin care range.
WHAT TO DO?
Face is the key to the mind. A clear happy face is the indication to a beautiful soul.
• CLEANSING:Avoid soap for cleansing. Use a mild herbal face wash or a paste made of gram flour & curd.
• TONING: Tone your face with a herbal toner (link given), or use diluted lemon juice to help close facial pores, and fade acne spots.
• MOISTURIZATION: Moisturization helps to avoid dryness. Normal skin = Herbal body lotion. Dry skin= Almond oil.
• FACE PACKS: FOR TAN: Use this tan removing milk pack (link given) or make a paste of gram flour,turmeric, curd and apply.
FOR ACNE: Use this herbal anti acne face mask (link given) or make a paste of cinnamon and honey and apply.
FOR PIGMENTATION: Use this anti pigmentation face pack (link given) or make a paste of potato and tomato and apply.
FOR LARGE PORES: Use this pore tightening face mask (link given) or make a paste of multani mitti and apply.
Face packs are to be used twice a week.
Girls are born with lovely eyes that speak for themselves. You would want to make your eyes look big and bright, with lustrous eye lashes and no dark circles.
• FOR DARK CIRCLES: Use this herbal under eye gel (link given) or make a paste of almond powder with milk and apply.
• FOR LONG EYELASHES: Apply castor oil daily at night.
• FOR THICK EYEBROWS: Apply a mixture of castor oil and olive oil at bedtime.
• FOR BRIGHTER EYES: Splash cold water whenever you feel tired. Use a cooling mask to get rid of puffiness and tiredness.
Get your eyebrows shaped every month as it contributes a lot to the overall bridal look.
Get soft pink and plump lips with these easy steps.
• Follow the at home lip spa as a mandatory treatment if you want pink lips.
• Invest in a good lip balm to prevent your lips from chapping.
• Do not bite or moisten your lips with saliva as they turn lips dark.
• Get manicure done every month till your wedding month. Manicure, cleans the nails, shapes them, makes them shiny and makes your hands lose the dead cells.
• At home manicure: Remove nail polish and cut your nails to the desired length. Soak your hands for 15 minutes in a bowl of warm water with half a lemon squeezed in it. Make a hand scrub combining 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon turmeric. Gently massage this scrub on your hands and fingers for 10 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Apply a good moisturizer.
• Same as the nails, get pedicure done once a month to keep your feet fresh and vibrant looking.
• At home pedicure: Remove nail polish and cut your nails to the desired length. Soak your feet for 15 minutes in a tub of lukewarm water with a little of shampoo mixed. Make a foot scrub with 1cup sea salt, 2 tablespoons olive/coconut oil, juice of half a lemon. Gently massage this scrub on your feet for 10 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Apply a good moisturizer.
• Use a good shower gel with loofah. Ditch soap if you are looking forward to achieve glow on your D day.
• Moisturize the body twice a day.
• Drink 2 litres of water everyday.
• Get minimum 8 hours of sleep.
• Do not spoil your beauty by stressing a lot.
• Apply sunscreen before going out.
• Stay happy and your skin will look happy on your wedding day.