You know you have dandruff when all you can think of is flakes accompanied by severe itching. Black dresses are a distant dream to you when you suffer from dandruff. In India, 8 out of 10 people have mild to severe dandruff. So, worry not I am going to share some easy ways to get rid of dandruff.
Just like every skin and hair type, every dandruff type is different. You need to opt for the right dandruff elimination method according to your dandruff type to get rid of dandruff permanently.
TYPES OF DANDRUFF
This type occurs in dry skin and hair types. The scalp and hair being dry give rise to dry flaky dandruff which is the most common type shown in TV commercials.
- This occurs when already dry hair is left out without proper oiling.
- Usage of many harsh chemical shampoos.
- Hair straightening and smoothening treatments which dump chemicals and heat on hair.
- Once a week follow hot oil treatment for hair which will nourish hair and remove dry flakes. Read more here How to do hot oil treatment
- Soak fenugreek (methi) seeds in curd overnight, make it into a paste in the morning and apply as a pack on hair for 30 minutes. Wash with cold water. Repeat twice a week.
- Mix few drops of Neem oil to your regular oil and massage your hair with this oil before hair wash.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar with water and use it as a final hair rinse.
Many people have the habit of soaking their hair with oil daily. This is not healthy. You are supplying more oil to the hair than actually needed. So, it makes the scalp greasy and attracts dirt and dust easily, giving rise to oily dandruff.
- Too much application of oil.
- Not washing hair regularly.
- Getting exposed to pollution.
- Use Shikakai powder to get rid of excess oil from hair, it will maintain oil balance in hair.
- Wash hair at least twice a week.
- Mix 2 drops of tea tree oil to your shampoo or hair oil. It has an antifungal property that removes dandruff.
- Dilute lemon juice with water and use it as a final hair rinse.
POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- Change your pillow cover and bed sheets whenever you wash your hair.
- Wash your comb weekly twice.
- Do not let your hair fall on face, it will cause acne.
- Comb your hair twice a day to enable circulation and hair growth.
- Cover your hair while going out in the sun.
- Avoid heat styling frequently.
- Avoid using hard water for washing hair.