Combing is a wonderful way to communicate with your hair. Study says that, combing twice a day improves the blood circulation to hair, removes dead cells and activates the hair follicles.
You can achieve lovely locks just by using the right comb. I have discussed different types of combs and their benefits.
Wooden combs fall under this category. These combs contain wood as their major component. The advantage of using a natural comb is that, it doesn’t alter the electric charges present in your hair, this preventing your hair from damage. Many different types of wood are used in making these combs, such as, Neem, Oak, Pine.
These combs are made of a metal teeth coated with a plastic head. They are not suitable for ddaily use as they can put too much pressure on the hair follicles. Even though this comb doesn’t electrify hair, it is better to limit the usage of this comb to one time a day.
These combs are very common, inexpensive and easy to use. They are gentle on the scalp but the main disadvantage of using them, is that alter the natural charge of the hair this leading to breakage. They are available in a variety of designs and colors.
COMBS FOR DIFFERENT HAIR TYPES
Straight hair: You can get a comb with fine bristles, as they will help comb hair with a gentle touch. Using a narrow toothed ccomb can prevent hair fall.
Curly hair: You can get a comb which is large and wide toothed, as it will not cause pain while dealing with tangles.
HOW TO COMB HAIR FOR A HEALTHY HAIR GROWTH
- First part your hair into two sections.
- Start combing gently without too much pressure.
- Do not apply extreme force on any tangle, as it may lead to hair breakage.
- Gentle try to unknot the tangle with fingers.
- When you comb, start from the scalp and llet the comb run down to the entire length of your hair.
- Try to comb each region at least thrice in order to improve blood circulation.